Almost everyone is versed about the fact that whole grains work wonders in weight loss, right? They rich in protein and fiber – a combination that fastens fat loss very easily. If you are eager to torch away those extra pounds, do try snacking upon quinoa for amazing results. A whole grain in nature, quinoa stands second to none considering its nutritional value and taste. However, before proceeding with the benefits of having quinoa, will you be interested to get enlightened about the history of the whole grain first?
To start with, Quinoa is not a newly cultivated grain. In fact, this whole grain was considered as a super food even three to four thousand years back. Incas were the first to reckon quinoa as a grain that was meant for consumption. History has it that the Incas warriors chowed down Quinoa everyday for a marvelously enhanced stamina. Soon after, the grain was being domesticated in regions like Chile, Peru, Columbia, Bolivia and Ecuador. Today quinoa is more crowd-pleasing than oats or whole wheat grains that are commonly up for grabs.
Quinoa for weight loss – Is that the only benefit of the whole grain?
No! Quinoa for weight loss is not the only beneficial aspect of the whole grain.
- Protein – The reason why vegans prefer gobbling up quinoa for breakfast or meals is because the grains are amazingly proteinacious. Not to forget, it contains all 9 important amino acids that paves way for good health. Check out the top 10 vegetarian sources of protein.
- The whole grain contains Lysine – Are you aware of the role of Lysine in human body? Well, more likely Lysine is an enzyme that works both as a booster to tissue growth and as an antidote against the wear and tear of tissues.
- Ready source of iron – Most cereals are replete with fiber and iron, right? Similarly, quinoa too is a rich source of iron that contributes towards hemoglobin formation. Since iron is also needed by the body to spruce up the flow of oxygen from one cell to another and to the muscles, it naturally improves the function of a human brain.
- Magnesium – Quinoa has rich traces of magnesium in it. This is again an essential mineral that helps one maintain a life in fine fettle. Since the nutrient’s prime function is to relax the blood vessels, magnesium works like a natural sedative against nerve impulses. It also puts a check on optimized levels of insulin in the bloodstream, thereby cutting-down the chances of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
- Quinoa is Gluten-Free – For those putting up with the miseries of gluten-intolerance, quinoa is an amazing dietary staple. Naturally gluten-free, this whole grain is also high in fiber.
In a nutshell, Quinoa for weight loss and myriads of other health befitting attributes are A1 in choice of staple dietary food items. Know why Quinoa is associated with weight loss!
Quinoa is high in fiber and also in protein. This is a great combination since it fills the stomach in a very short time and doesn’t leave you feeling deprived of foods. Since the grain is fibrous, it naturally slackens the tendency of a human body to absorb more fat. This also works in favor of controlling cholesterol issues. To put it in number, quinoa approximately serves around 7gms of protein per serving. Don’t you think it is an excellent resource to vegetarians, especially the one who are worried about their increasing waistline?
Reference: Quinoa Nutrition Facts