Contrary to widespread belief, not only are squats good for shaping your butt, but the right squat exercise also involves a ton of muscles in the lower body and core, including obliques, hamstrings, and calves, which makes booty-building exercise interesting.
Our top pick for the best squat rack for small space is the Sunny Health & Fitness Power Zone Squat Rack. It is made with a high-quality steel frame that can support up to 805 lbs of maximum weight capacity. The pull-up bar is adjustable and reversible with 8 different positions, making it ideal for various squat exercises.
Consider investing in the best squat rack for small space if you want to add another level of difficulty to your squat variations.
Table of Contents
- Best Squat Rack For Small Space – Comparison Table
- How Does Squat Rack Help?
- How Wide Should a Squat Rack be?
- Can you Use Squat Stands for Bench Press?
- What to Look For?
- Best Squat Racks for Small Space
- Key References
Best Squat Rack For Small Space – Comparison Table
How Does Squat Rack Help?
When a squad rack is used correctly, the benefits to the vital target muscles, namely the glutes and quads, are enormous.
- Besides strengthening your quads and glutes, the squat rack has other benefits.
- It strengthens your core, and you will notice it as you lift a heavier weight.
- Your abs keeps your body straight and prevent you from falling forward.
- That said, strengthening your core can also help with some squat techniques.
How Wide Should a Squat Rack be?
The average exterior width of a squat rack is 47.4 inches.
- The vast majority of squat racks are between 46 and 49 inches wide.
- 49 inches is the widest squat rack because it allows weight lifters to rack a full-length weight.
- There are narrower squat racks (44 inches) that you can use with shorter barbells.
Can you Use Squat Stands for Bench Press?
Of course! If you can’t find a spotter in your gym, benching in the squat rack is considered the safest alternative to a spotter.
- If your bench press has stalled and you are no longer getting any strength gains, a squat rack can help overcome that stagnation.
- Just take a bench to the squat stand and set the safety bars deep enough to allow you to achieve the full range of motion.
- If that fails, you can lower the barbell carefully without hurting yourself.
What to Look For?
Probably one of the main reasons for using a squat rack is safety.
- When doing movements like squatting or pressing at home alone, it’s essential to have a rack that supports you.
- Safety pins, straps, or arms are attached to a quality squat rack to catch a fallen bar.
- These safety features not only protect you from injury but also allow you to use weights that you would not usually use.
- This can be a significant factor in your progress over time!
B) Weight Capacity
While some squat racks won’t tell you what thickness of steel they’re made of, most will let you know their weight capacity.
- This gives you an idea of how long the rack will last. However, it can sometimes be misleading.
- Some racks provide weight capacity for their J-hooks, but not for the entire rack.
- A notable problem with this is when the rack has a capacity of 1000 lbs, but the hooks only have a capacity of 350 lbs.
- You can see where this can cause a problem. We recommend you go for a squat rack with a declared capacity of 800 lbs or more.
C) Steel Gauge
The largest, strongest, and the most expensive squat racks are made from 7-gauge steel. That is 3/16-inch-thick steel.
- Although this type of rack is virtually indestructible, it is often excessive for home use.
- The ideal gauge for home use will be 11-inch gauge steel.
- This is durable enough for 99.9 percent of household applications.
Best Squat Racks for Small Space
Here are the best squat racks for small space on the market place today:
1. Ollieroo Multi-function Barbell Rack
The Ollieroo Multi-Function Barbell Rack is made of a high-quality steel frame that offers maximum safety.
- With an adjustable height that ranges from 41 to 65 inches, this best power rack for garage gym correctly supports squats and presses.
- Also, the width can be adjusted from 31 to 49 inches.
- Its durable construction and dual resistance springs allow for full-body toning.
- The multi-functional design and unique base allow you to perform various exercises, making it convenient to use.
- The non-slip rubber feet will not only keep you safe but also prevent any damages to the floor.
- With a maximum weight capacity of 480 lbs, the Ollieroo Multi-Function Barbell Rack can meet your squatting needs.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space, so it is perfect for homes with small space.
- Versatile design
- Durable steel construction
- Supports up to 480 lbs weight.
- Adjustable height and width.
- The safety bars may protrude over time.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Power Zone Squat Rack
The Sunny Health & Fitness Power Zone Squat Rack is made with a high-quality steel frame that can support up to 805 lbs maximum weight capacity.
- The pull-up bar is adjustable and reversible with 8 different positions, making it ideal for various exercises.
- Additionally, this best squat rack with pull up bar is angled for both narrow and wide-grip pull-ups.
- Thanks to the safety latches, you will always have safety assurance and ease of mind squatting with heavier weights.
- This best space saving power rack comes with 6 resistance band pins to add extra resistance and increase versatility for your squats and lifts.
- The powder-coating is designed seamlessly into this best squat rack for home gym to fully support power and weight lifting workouts.
- With over 18 adjustable points, the Sunny Health & Fitness Power Zone Squat Rack can fit people of all sizes.
- Heavy-duty frame
- This narrow squat rack can withstand a maximum weight capacity of 805 lbs.
- Safety lock latches for assurance and safety.
- During pull-ups, some users experienced slight wiggle.
3. F2C Adjustable Height Squat Rack
The F2C Adjustable Height Squat Rack has a durable construction, which gives you the confidence to perform various squat variations.
- Its sturdy frame allows it to support a maximum weight capacity of 550 lbs.
- With an adjustable height that ranges from 41 to 66, this folding small squat rack can be easily adjustable to a height that best suits you.
- Additionally, this rack features 14 adjustable positions, makes it perfect for different exercises.
- The rubber end cap protects the floor from scratches and scuffs while also keeping you safe from slips and falls.
- This small space squat rack features a sturdy overhead workout bar, which makes it a versatile option.
- The portable design of the F2C Adjustable Squat Rack makes it easier to fit in a small space.
- Robust and sturdy construction.
- Easy and quick adjustments.
- Supports up to 550 lbs of weight capacity.
- Equipped with adjustable spotters.
- The arms could be longer.
4. Marcy 3 Tier Metal Steel Home Workout Weight Rack
The Marcy 3 Tier Metal Steel Home Workout Weight Rack is built from commercial-grade steel with a powder-coated finish.
- Its metal steel frame is very durable and can withstand a maximum weight of up to 297 lbs.
- This compact squat rack features rubberized feet that protect the floor from scuffs and scratches while also preventing the rack from sliding.
- Additionally, the durable, welded construction of this unit ensures safety.
- This best small power rack features 3 angled tiers that can fit various dumbbell styles and sizes.
- Beyond that, the angled design of this mini squat rack allows for quick transitions when squatting.
- The Marcy 3 Tier Metal Steel Home Workout Weight Rack has a sleek design that can complement the décor of your small space.
- Sturdy construction
- Space-saving design
- Reasonably priced
- Angled frame design for easy access.
- Limited weight capacity
5. Weider Platinum Strength Squat Rack
Made from durable steel, the Weider Platinum Strength Squat Rack can support a maximum weight capacity of 310 lbs. Here is the Weider platinum squat rack review.
- This space saving power rack features adjustable uprights that allow you to modify the squat rack to fit your lifting style and frame.
- The moveable spotting arms are engineered to catch any weight that slips off your shoulders or your hands, making it safe and convenient to use.
- This space saving power rack features a removable knee raise station, multi-grip pull-up station, and low and high pulleys for a complete workout.
- The Weider Platinum Strength Squat Rack is designed to offer total support for various squat variations.
- This Weider platinum squat rack comes with an exercise chart and an integrated weight plate storage that can help you create your desired body.
- Integrated weight plate storage.
- Adjustable uprights
- Durable steel frame
- The max weight capacity is only 310 lbs.
6. LYzpf Squat Rack
The LYzpf Squat Rack is crafted from thickened steel, making it less susceptible to gravity bending.
- The H-shaped base of this unit makes it very stable and more secure during use.
- A variety of height-adjustable positions makes it suitable for different heights.
- Additionally, the height adjustability feature makes it a top choice for beginners.
- The non-slip foot pad help to prevent damage to the floor, increasing safety.
- Also, the rubberized feet further enhance the stability of the rack while squatting with heavier weights.
- With a maximum weight capacity of 550 pounds and a sturdy steel frame, this is a high-quality squat rack for your small space.
- Space-efficient design
- Easy to assemble and install.
- Sturdy steel frame
- Up to 550 lbs weight capacity.
- Pricey for some users.
Our top recommendation for the best squat rack for small space is the Sunny Health & Fitness Power Zone Squat Rack. It features a high-quality steel frame that can support up to 805 lbs of maximum weight capacity. The pull-up bar is adjustable and reversible with 8 different positions, making it ideal for various squat exercises at home.
A squat rack allows you to safely squat with weight and is great for other forms of exercise like pull-ups and bench press, making it a real investment.
Hopefully, you have now chosen the right squat rack for you and your small space. Any of the squat racks on our list will turn your small space into your very own mini-gym.
- “How To Squat Properly | Your Expert Guide to Nailing the Move”. Accessed October 05, 2020. Link.
- “Introduction to Squat Racks: Benefits, uses and types. – Chandler Sports”. Accessed October 05, 2020. Link.