BEST Exercise Mat For HIIT: HIIT or (High-intensity interval training) is a type of training that alternates short bursts of high-intensity anaerobic exercise with less intense rest.
Our top pick for the best exercise mat for HIIT is the Yoga Cloud Extra Thick Exercise Mat. It offers an ultra-thickness that gives users optimal sturdiness, cushion, and anti-skid ability. The mat is 72 inches long, perfect for various HIIT workouts.
Due to the intense nature of the exercise, using an appropriate HIIT mat is the best way to ensure success.
The best exercise mat for HIIT absorbs shock to protect your ankles, knees, and spine. Besides, it offers a combination of resilience and absorption.
Table of Contents
- Best Exercise Mat For HIIT – Comparison Table
- Why Do I Need Exercise Mat for HIIT?
- Can I Use a Yoga Mat for HIIT?
- Is There a Difference Between a Yoga Mat and an Exercise Mat?
- What to Look for?
- Best Exercise Mats for HIIT
Best Exercise Mat For HIIT – Comparison Table
Why Do I Need Exercise Mat for HIIT?
If you do HIIT like Zumba, burpees, plyometrics, T25, Insanity, P90, and more, you need an excellent exercise mat.
- The best exercise mat for HIIT will not only cushion your body but also help you get the most out of your workouts.
- The best HIIT mat can also offer you a sense of security to create a comfortable environment that allows for safe and efficient practice.
- Nothing is as bad as sliding and slipping in the middle of a workout.
- To avoid such an accident, you must invest in the best exercise mat for HIIT.
Can I Use a Yoga Mat for HIIT?
Yes, you can use a yoga mat for HIIT! This is because yoga mats are very versatile.
- So apart from yoga, they can be used for bodyweight workouts, weighted workouts, HIIT, kettlebells, and many more.
- The non-slip technology and closed-cell texture of this best yoga mat for HIIT workouts offers a soft cushion for a wide range of movements and exercises.
Is There a Difference Between a Yoga Mat and an Exercise Mat?
What differentiates an exercise mat from a yoga mat is its thickness.
- Exercise mats are generally thicker than yoga mats, with its largest variation being only a quarter of an inch. Some yoga poses require a powerful bond between the floor surface and the user’s body.
- On the other hand, HIIT workout mat are thicker than other mats because they are believed to offer cushioning during high-intensity exercise routines. This way, we can feel focused and relaxed while doing the most uncomfortable exercise movement. It also provides some level of protection for your feet, back, hands, and knees.
What to Look for?
The best exercise mat for HIIT should be suitable for your height and structure.
- A short exercise mat will ruin your training experience. For this reason, it is advisable to practice with a mat that is perfect for the structure of your body.
- The exercise mat you choose should be the perfect length and width, too short or not too long.
Your exercise mat’s thickness is critical because it can affect your comfort during exercise.
- A thin mat may not provide enough cushioning to help you participate in HIIT. We suggest you get an exercise mat with extra padding to give you the balance and support you need. The best workout mat for HIIT protects your spine, elbows, knees, and joints from the hard surface.
- The material you choose affects the longevity and fluffiness of your exercise mat. Therefore, choosing the right material for your exercise mat is essential.
Recently, manufacturers of exercise mats have turned to environmentally friendly materials such as rubber and resin. Natural rubber exercise mats are in high demand as they become a moisture reservoir that eliminates the fear of slipping.
A sticky mat will prevent you from slipping during your workout.
- The best mats for HIIT workouts are slip-resistant and therefore provides outstanding balance.
- PVC mats are generally stickier when compared to rubber options. However, PVC options have little traction.
- Other materials like cotton, rubber, and jute have more traction due to their greater texture.
If you want to move around on your mat while you exercise, consider purchasing a portable and low weight model.
- There is no point buying an exercise mat that you can’t use for your HIIT training classes.
- So be sure to check the weight of the HIIT exercise mat you plan to buy if you want to know if you can easily transport it.
Best Exercise Mats for HIIT
Here are the best exercise mats for HIIT on the market today:
1. GXMMAT Large Exercise Mat
The GXMMAT Large Exercise Mat is ideal for your home as you have more freedom when working out.
- The large size of the mat is ideal for HIIT workouts like Insanity and Zumba.
- With a mat like this, you don’t have to worry about having enough space for your workout.
- This exercise mat for HIIT training is made from non-toxic and high-quality materials that are environmentally friendly.
- Additionally, these best HIIT mats are free from silicone, phthalates, latex, as well as other toxins.
- This large exercise mat for Insanity is not very heavy and can be transported very easily.
- This best exercise mat for plyometrics comes with a carrying bag and Velcro straps to keep it rolled up for transport or storage.
- The Gxmmat Large Exercise Mat comes with a lifetime guarantee. This means that if it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can request a refund.
2. Prosource Fit Extra Thick Puzzle Exercise Mat
The ProSource Extra Thick Puzzle Exercise Mat is twice as thick as regular mats.
- Choose this thick exercise mat for incredible comfort and shock absorption.
- This best exercise mat for hardwood floors is crafted from high-density EVA foam that is durable and non-toxic.
- These best HIIT workout mats are easy to care for and comes at an unbeatable price that other brands cannot offer.
- It features a non-slip surface that adheres securely to the floor, so you won’t hurt yourself while working out.
- Additionally, its moisture-resistant leather is easy to clean. This high impact exercise mat is available in different colors and comes with comfortable straps.
- The Prosource Fit Extra Thick Puzzle Exercise Mat is suitable for any floor, whether it is ceramic, tiles, carpet, or hardwood.
3. Yoga Cloud Extra Thick Exercise Mat
Made of high-density EVA foam, the Yoga Cloud Extra Thick Exercise Mat is four times thicker than a regular exercise mat.
- Its thickness allows you to exercise comfortably on hard surfaces with minimal shock absorption.
- The ridges on this best mat for HIIT workouts create a cooling effect while also capturing excess moisture so you won’t lose grip when it counts.
- The anti-slip bottom securely grips the floor, making it safe for various high-intensity training.
- These thick exercise mats come with a sling carrying strap that makes it easy to take the mat wherever you workout.
- The Yoga Cloud Extra Thick Exercise Mat is perfect for those looking for a slip-proof, sturdier, and safer alternative to the traditional exercise mats.
- This best fitness mat for HIIT is available in various colors, including red, blue, pink, and black.
4. BEAUTYOVO Puzzle Exercise Mat
The BEAUTYOVO Puzzle Exercise Mat is made from a flexible, soft, and impact-resistant premium EVA foam.
- This soft and flexible foam mat will protect your floor from dents, scuffs, and scratches.
- The thick padding of the mat offers excellent cushioning for your body and equipment.
- This best exercise mat for HIIT workouts set comes with 24 tiles measuring 24 by 24 inches.
- The tiles of this best exercise mat for Insanity can be connected in an interlocking design to ensure reliable linkage and quick assembly.
- This best HIIT workout mat can cover about 96 square feet, thanks to its size.
- The BEAUTYOVO Puzzle Exercise Mat is perfect for those with a broader space dedicated to exercise.
- These thick exercise mats are effortless to clean and waterproof.
5. HemmingWeigh Extra Thick Yoga Mat
The HemmingWeigh Extra Thick Yoga Mat is made from high-quality, durable, eco-friendly, eco-friendly, and latex-free.
- These HIIT mats measure 72 inches long, giving you enough space for your entire HIIT workout.
- These best workout mats for HIIT feature a double-sided, non-slip surface that creates a firm grip with the floor, keeping you safe while you exercise.
- The mat cushions your joints, back, and knees while allowing you to connect to the floor for support.
- The moisture-resistant surface makes maintenance and cleaning so easy.
- The integrated self-strapping system on this mat makes for easy storage and transport.
- The HemmingWeigh Extra Thick Yoga Mat is lightweight yet durable, so it won’t tear, rip, or fray.
6. Jump Rope Mat – EliteSRS Fitness Mat
The Jump Rope Mat – EliteSRS Fitness Mat features a vinyl texture that is non-slip and offers excellent cushioning.
- Also, the durable vinyl foam material reduces the chance of lower and upper body injuries to make working out safer.
- The non-slip material dampens vibrations that lead to wear and tear and muffles noises, so neighbors and family are not disturbed.
- This lightweight and portable mat can be rolled up easily for transport.
- Although this mat is specially designed for rope mat, it is also perfect for high-intensity interval training.
- The non-slip surface of this best HIIT exercise mat is easy to clean and maintain.
Our top recommendation for the best exercise mat for HIIT is the Yoga Cloud Extra Thick Exercise Mat. It provides an ultra-thickness that gives users optimal sturdiness, cushion, and anti-skid ability. This 72 inches long mat is perfect for various HIIT workouts.
Some health experts warn that high-intensity interval training can put a lot of stress on the joints, and too much of it can cause injuries.
One way to avoid this is to use a suitable HIIT mat to reduce fatigue and absorb shock. Whichever HIIT mat you are considering, we hope you find the one that best suits your needs from our list.