Rowing machine for apartment has come a long way. Now, there is a wide variety of stylish and sophisticated exercise machines that can improve cardiovascular health.
Our top pick for the best rowing machine for an apartment is the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. It is fully equipped with an LCD monitor that tracks all data and is loaded with many preset workout programs. While most rowers max out at a 300 lbs weight capacity, this unit can withstand up to 500 lbs.
Having a rowing machine at home can be the boost you need to keep your muscles moving in a stimulating yet comfortable way.
Overall, a rower is a great way to improve fitness by building muscle and burning calories in a low-impact and safe manner.
Table of Contents
- Best Rowing Machine For Apartment – Comparison Table
- How Does the Rowing Machine Help in Fitness?
- Can you Lose Belly Fat on a Rowing Machine?
- Is a Rowing Machine Worth Buying for Home?
- What to Look for?
- Best Rowing Machine for Apartment
- Key References
Best Rowing Machine For Apartment – Comparison Table
How Does the Rowing Machine Help in Fitness?
Improves lower body conditioning
Since the leg muscles are used a lot in this workout (instead of what they seem to do a lot in rowing), lower body conditioning focused on building strength and endurance is one of the top benefits.
Because the rowing machine offers a combination of cardio and strength training, it is an extremely efficient way to burn calories. Depending on vigorously you are rowing and your weight, you can burn between 400 and 500 calories per hour with the rower.
You will get a full-body workout with the best rowing machine for the apartment. Mind you, this machine uses 86% of the muscles in the body.
Improve Your Aerobic Capacity
Rowing for just 15 minutes is a productive aerobic exercise. So rowing regularly can help improve your endurance and stamina while also improving your overall cardiovascular health.
Can you Lose Belly Fat on a Rowing Machine?
A rower offers the next best thing to effortlessly gliding down a river in a rowboat, gently pulling the paddle through the water as you pull the gear.
- With the rowing machine, you can enjoy a great full-body workout with identical body mechanics without having to live close to a river or assemble a whole team to row.
- While rowing doesn’t magically reduce belly fat, it can be a very significant part of a fat loss program that, with a little time, will get you slim everywhere, including your belly.
- Rowing is not a quick fix to burning belly fat – nothing is.
- However, if you enjoy rowing, it can be a valuable part of a complete program to help you burn fat anywhere, including your belly.
Is a Rowing Machine Worth Buying for Home?
A rowing machine is worth buying if you want to build muscle and lose weight from the comfort of your apartment. This saves you a trip to the gym (save money on gym membership and gas), and you can work out anytime. Using a rower can burn calories quickly, often more than other cardio equipment.
What to Look for?
When shopping for the best rowing machine for an apartment, keep in mind that there are many features and styles that you should consider before choosing.
Think about the available space in your apartment and where you want to place your rower. Many rowing machines can be folded when not in use, but you should also make sure you have enough space to slide back and forth without hitting furniture or walls. Also, it is essential to check the weight limit of the machine. While most can hold up to 300 pounds, some can hold up to 500 pounds.
Rowing machines cover the entire spectrum, from straightforward models to models with many features. For instance, some offer preset workouts and heart rate monitoring capabilities, while others also serve as exercise bikes. Of course, a model with more features usually has a higher price. So, keep your budget and goals in mind when shopping for the best rowing machine for the apartment.
You should choose a rowing machine that is as comfortable as possible so you can push yourself to the limit while exercising. Many rowers are ergonomically designed, but choose the one that suits your body type. Adjustability is critical if the machine will be used by more than one person. Be sure to check the seat padding to make sure it’s comfortable enough.
Best Rowing Machine for Apartment
Here are the top 5 best rowing machines for apartment or home on the market today:
1. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
The Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is a virtually indestructible and remarkable rowing machine.
- From a design perspective, the Concept2 Model D is available in a black or matte finish and is commercial-grade.
- The air resistance of the Model D provides a rowing motion very similar to rowing on the water, with no lag throughout the row.
- Besides, the resistance of the Concept2 Model D allows you to row at your own pace, and the resistance can be adjusted accordingly.
- The damper settings in this Concept 2 rowing machine can be changed from level 1 to 10.
- The numbers do not indicate different resistance; they show the amount of air entering the steering wheel, which affects the rowing stroke feel.
- The Concept2 Model D comes with a PM5 monitor, which is the benchmark for rowing machine monitors.
- This apartment rowing machine is easy to use, but it comes with many options to ensure you have everything you need.
- It also has a backlight so you can see the data in low light.
- Overall, the Concept2 Model D could be your preferred choice due to its quality and first-class features.
2. BATTIFE Water Rowing Machine
If you’re looking for a way to effectively burn fat while training your entire body, the BATTIFE Water Rowing Machine is a must-have for your apartment.
- This best rowing machine for beginners features a durable and real red walnut wood frame and soft seat that is suitable for everyone.
- This water rower replicates the exact rowing feeling, allowing you to perform your cardio workouts with infinite resistance variability.
- Besides, since the resistance is water-based, you don’t have to lubricate it or worry about annoying noise levels.
- This best rower for apartment is equipped with a high-performance Bluetooth monitor, which tracks and displays your fitness data.
- The seat in this BATTIFE rowing machine is not only large, but it’s also comfortable and glides smoothly, so you won’t get stuck or make the joints feel resistant.
- The BATTIFE Water Rowing Machine is a full-body workout option that targets all major muscle groups.
3. Sunny Health and Fitness RW5515 Rowing Machine
The Sunny Health and Fitness RW5515 is an affordable magnetic resistance rowing machine that offers durability and quality to ensure years of use.
- This apartment-size rowing machine is equipped with a sturdy steel mainframe, so it has a superb build quality.
- The rowing handle is held in place by a reinforced nylon strap to prevent fraying and allows a smooth start kick when rowing.
- Also, the RW5515 is very quiet, and there are no annoying squeaks or noises.
- This best magnetic rowing machine has 8 resistance levels.
- Each level can be set by turning the knob on the middle panel level.
- This quiet rowing machine for apartment has a large LCD screen that records and displays necessary fitness data.
- The pedals are big enough for all shoe sizes and come with adjustable straps to keep your feet firmly in place.
- No matter how hard you row or at what intensity, the Sunny Health and Fitness RW5515 Rowing Machine remain comfortable and stable.
- So, if you are looking for an economical magnetic resistance rowing machine, here is your answer.
4. Marcy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine
With 8-level magnetic resistance, the Marcy Foldable ME-1018RE Rowing Machine allows users to customize the resistance levels accordingly.
- The integrated LCD monitor makes tracking your progress easy.
- Additionally, there’s a scan mode that cycles through all the fitness data.
- The handles in this best rowing machine for home offer a sturdy yet comfortable grip, making it safe to use.
- This best foldable rowing machine comes with large textured pedals, so your feet can get a firm footing when rowing.
- Also, the safety straps keep the foot from sliding.
- The ME-1018RE is equipped with an ergonomic seat that ensures your comfort, especially during long rides.
- This machine can be easily folded by merely removing the quick release pin so you can place it virtually anywhere.
5. SereneLife Air and Magnetic Rowing Machine
The SereneLife Air and Magnetic Rowing Machine is a non-weight bearing workout machine, making it perfect for those looking for a low-impact option.
- The smooth and quiet gliding contour seat is very comfortable to use.
- Additionally, the padded seat and robust handlebar ensure your comfort through each pull.
- It comes with pedal style footrests that help your backstay supported when working out.
- The digital LCD allows users to easily monitor calories burned, revolutions per minute, distance, strides, and elapsed time.
- It is equipped with an auto power-off function that extends the life of its batteries so you can use the machine right away.
- The 8 levels of tension resistance allow you to customize your workout intensity.
- Made from engineered ABS and durable, steel metal alloy, the SereneLife Air and Magnetic Rowing Machine is built to last.
Our top recommendation for the best rowing machine for an apartment is the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. It features a fully equipped with an LCD monitor that tracks all data and is loaded with many preset workout programs. While most rowers max out at a 300 lbs weight capacity, this unit can withstand up to 500 lbs.
Rowing machines are special exercise equipment to have at your disposal in your apartment. The rowers on our list of the best rowing machine for an apartment are not only affordable but also beginners-friendly.
- “Calories Burned for Cycling 12-13.9 mph (bicycle, biking, bike riding) | SparkPeople”. Accessed September 26, 2020. Link.
- “Does Rowing Burn Belly Fat? | Livestrong.com”. Accessed September 26, 2020. Link.