Best Treadmill for home under 500: The obesity epidemic has been growing at an alarming rate, with 30% of the world population, there are 2.1 billion people on the heavier side of the scale. Thanks to the industrial revolution and advancement in technology, better inventions to suit evolved lifestyles have brought advanced fitness equipment.
Our top pick for the best treadmill for home under 500 is the Ravent Folding Treadmill. It is compact, smart, and features multiple workout programs. Its folding-unfolding mechanism makes it ideal for people with limited space. With speed settings, tracker, and handrail controls, Ravent Folding Treadmill makes exercising at home a great experience.
This review discusses the best treadmills for home workout routines under $500 and contains the list of top-of-the-line treadmills available on the market to choose from and get the best for home.
Table of Contents
- Best Treadmill For Home Under 500 – A Comparison Table
- Best Treadmill Exercises
- Advantages of Treadmill at Home
- How many calories does 4km walk burn?
- What To Look For in Treadmills for home use?
- Best Treadmill For Home Under 500 Reviews
- Key References
Best Treadmill For Home Under 500 – A Comparison Table
Best Treadmill Exercises
The following are 3 of the most impactful exercises that could be done on the treadmill instead of just walking up and down. The treadmill is an ideal equipment for cardio exercises, which can help in building stamina, strength, and burn fat faster if done regularly. Time is all that is needed to invest in to get the fittest version of oneself.
Beware, there is a tendency for treadmill workouts to become monotonous if the workout routine is not switched up now and then with a new movement along with the motivation to achieve a set goal. Interval training is the name of the game. With consistency, tangible progress in overall health could be seen doing these exercises.
1. Beginner’s Month Challenge (Slow – Fast – Rise)
Before beginning with more arduous and physically challenging treadmill workouts, people should commit to a one-month challenge.
- On day 1, they should start with walking at a comfortable speed for 15 minutes (slow) and move forward only once they feel it is a too easy switch to jogging.
- On day 2, they should warm-up for 3 minutes and then alternate between a minute of sprinting and then a minute of slowing down for 15 minutes (fast).
- Day 3 would again be slow with an off day 4.
- Day 5 is when they should challenge themselves with a slight incline on the treadmill after warming up for 3 minutes and then alternating between a minute of raised level walking followed by a minute of average level walking for 15 minutes (rise).
- Day 6 would be slow with an off day 7.They can repeat this week 1 plan for the next 3 weeks and finish the month-long challenge feeling accomplished and fitter.
2. Quick Interval Training for Fat Loss
There are a variety of quick interval training workouts that help build endurance and speed with a visibly shrinking waistline after effects.
- Switching up between the incline and speed features of the treadmill can create a suitable workout routine.
- For starters, users can keep a consistent incline and keep alternating between high and low speed for a minute each and repeat the set as many times as possible.
- For advanced level, they can switch between high incline and high speed for a minute and low incline and low speed for a minute and a half and repeat the set for the same amount of time they have been working out previously.
- The varying speed and incline would boost heart rate and ensure caloric burn at a higher rate even after the workout.
This one is a sure-fire way to break the monotony of being on the treadmill for extended periods and make the user step away from it as part of the workout routine.
- After warming up for a minute, jog on the treadmill for 4 minutes and then walk for another minute.
- Holding onto the side rail, move the body off the treadmill and side-step into a squat position on the left for 30 seconds. Repeat the same on the right side for 30 seconds.
- After a minute, return to the treadmill and walk at a reasonable pace, followed by 2 minutes of running and then back to walking for a minute.
- Again, side-step on both sides for 30 seconds each and repeat the cycle. This would strengthen core, glutes, and quads.
Advantages of Treadmill at Home
Several studies confirm the benefits of intensive treadmill exercise training on cardiorespiratory function and quality of life in patients with pulmonary hypertension and a wide range of psychological and physiological advantages across all ages.
The focus here is on regular usage and habit-making features of having a treadmill at home, so here are some of the advantages of having a treadmill at home.
- When having the best home treadmill, it reduces most of the excuses related to having to go out in extreme weather for walking or running.
- For the socially awkward, going to the gym may seem like a struggle in itself, especially if some people suffer from low self-esteem due to fear of body shaming.
- Treadmill at home gives a standard pathway to walk/run on, as compared to potholes or damaged sidewalks outside risking injury, especially with the soft padded mat, which reduces the impact on knees and joints.
- With the pre-set programs, most of the treadmills spare the boredom linked with the same workout every day.
- Unlike exercising outside and not knowing how many calories burnt or miles ran, the treadmill gives a complete tracking progress option.
- Workout on a treadmill at home means people can do multiple chores at the same time in the living room while watching the favorite TV shows or keeping an eye on toddlers, children, or the elderly around.
- Having a treadmill at home would make the best use of this time of ‘social distancing’ and encourage everyone to exercise more and work on getting a fitter body, not just for vanity but for health purposes.
How many calories does 4km walk burn?
Typically you can burn about 60 calories per 1 km. So, for 4 km, you burn around 240 to 250 calories. In this calculation, time is not a real factor. The faster you walk or with more intensity, you burn more calories!
What To Look For in Treadmills for home use?
When buying a treadmill for home use, look for certain key features to validate the price to value ratio, some of which is are listed down below. Ask these questions and consider how much importance to give them for a huge purchase and a regularly used item in life.
As for all workout machines, treadmills need to have a sturdy built so that they do not break down under heavier users since the whole-body weight is applied.
- There are several options to get a treadmill made of plastic, steel, or a combination of both with some latest newly introduced materials as well.
- Also, get a quiet and powerful motor which consumes relatively lower voltage to save up on electricity bills.
For home use, it is always better to get a machine that is easy to assemble and move around; therefore, a clear and straightforward user manual should come along with the treadmill. Also, if the machine has a foldable option and wheels, it would be straightforward to move it away from the main activity area once the workout is done.
C) Running surface
Having a smooth and consistent surface to walk/run on is the main feature of a treadmill. Some additional features enhance the value of the machine-like anti-slip belt, size of the tread, safety key activation to stop in case of sudden acceleration, and how well the body adjusts to the running surface, especially limbs and joints.
D) Weight capacity
Each manufacturer makes the best treadmill for power walking according to the average mean weight of the general population based on the area of sale. Do check the maximum recommended weight limit before purchasing the treadmill, so it fits the weight and height requirements accordingly.
E) Pre-set programs
This feature aids in maximum benefit as far as any workout goals are concerned since the user can simply choose from a variety of already provided workout routine programs in the treadmill instead of having the same speed/impact every day. Other technological features such as touch screen monitor, Bluetooth connectivity, speakers, auxiliary ports, etc. add to the user experience.
The treadmill should occupy as little space as possible and come with a foldable feature so that it can be folded and rolled under the table or bed once used to create space. If possible, look for the machine that has transportation wheels so that moving it around is no hassle.
Best Treadmill For Home Under 500 Reviews
Here are the top 6 best treadmills for running under 500 on the market today:
1. Ancheer Treadmill
Ancheer treadmill is seamlessly and aesthetically designed to provide the ultimate fitness experience at home.
- It comes with a digital LCD monitor and pulse grip to monitor pulse and heart rate. It also tracks and displays information about speed, distance, and calories burned.
- This best treadmill for walking is safe for exercise; it is fitted with a safety key and an automatic emergency button that switches off the power supply in case of fall or emergency.
- This best treadmill for walking and light jogging is a low-noise machine fitted with a shock-absorbing system and a double-layer conveyor board that produces minimal discomfort while walking and jogging.
- It comes with 12 best treadmill exercise programs that can be operated through multiple (manual and automatic) modes.
- The manufacturer provides 12-month free customer service for questions, complaints, and feedback.
2. Gymax 2 in 1 Under Desk Treadmill
Gymax is recommended for fitness freaks who give preference to comfort, design, and class when it comes to choosing exercise equipment. Here are the Gymax 2 in 1 treadmill reviews.
- Gymax under desk treadmill comes with a dual-screen touch design for comfort. One screen is fitted on the armrest, the other on the running board to display exercise data and monitor progress. The ever-changing flashing lines on the touchscreen keep the user engaged throughout the exercise bout.
- The most exciting feature of the Gymax 2 in 1 folding treadmill is that it is smart in design; the riser can be folded without disrupting the work at a low speed of 4 km/hour and raised to increase walking or jogging speed to up to 12 km/hr.
- This best budget treadmill under 500 comes with remote control and a 2.25 HP quiet motor that allows exercise in the living or bedroom without disturbing people around.
- The Bluetooth speaker in this Gymax treadmill allows playing music loudly to make the exercise enjoyable while the phone holder allows watching videos during exercise.
- This best treadmill for home running comes with wheels which make it easy to pull or push the machine around the room.
3. MaxKare Folding Treadmill
The next best treadmill for under 500 is MaxKare folding treadmill. It is conventionally-designed and an all-time-favorite for home and offices.
- This best folding treadmill comes with a large LCD with one-touch operation and 15 pre-set programs to make exercise-at-home a great experience.
- This best treadmill for home use has 15 pre-set programs that allow real-time data monitoring of speed, heart rate, distance, and calories.
- The pure copper motor seamlessly provides a “silent” exercise experience and can be adjusted to the speed of 0.5 to 8.5 mph.
- The tread belt is multi-layer and can withstand a weight of 220 pounds.
- Like Gymax, it is foldable and movable.
4. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
The next best treadmill for running under 500 is from Merax. This Merax Electric Folding Treadmill is ideal for home exercise, given its sleek design and other features as discussed below:
- The electric treadmill comes with a quick and easy-to-operate touch program with a 5″ LED that tracks progress, heart rate, and calories burnt.
- It is easy to assemble; it comes with tools and instructions for setup and folding.
- This best electric treadmill has an excellent weight-bearing capacity of up 240 LBS.
- The transportation wheels allow moving the machine around the room without damaging the floor.
- Keeps the user motivated through MP3 and audio auxiliary port that allows exercising to the tunes of the playlist.
5. Ravent Folding Treadmill
Light in weight but fully equipped to withstand high pressure, Ravent Folding Treadmill is suitable for home and offices.
- This best budget treadmill under 500 is compact, smart, and has a convenient design with 12 different fitness programs.
- The LCD window console in this Ravent treadmill allows tracking progress, heart rate, speed, and distance.
- This best folding treadmill is quiet, safe, and made of high-quality steel to provide weight capacity.
- The slim and smart design allows folding the machine and rolling under the bed.
- These folding treadmills under 500 come with an auto-safety program that cuts down the power supply in case of an emergency.
Our top recommendation for the best treadmill for home under 500 is the Ravent Folding Treadmill. It features multiple workout programs, foldable treadmill for tight space, and it is absolutely great for home use.
There is nothing better than to get off the guilt-trip brought on due to the binge eating-induced layers of fat accumulation around the body and get on a treadmill, especially when it is lying in the living room. How very convenient!
More recently, the growing concerns of fast-spreading diseases like coronavirus might also encourage everyone to stay at home. This would be the best time to use this time of social distancing by investing it in getting fitter and healthier by having a treadmill at home.
- “Most Obese Countries 2020” – World Population Review. Accessed March 27, 2020. Link.
- “Benefits of Intensive Treadmill Exercise Training on Cardiorespiratory Function and Quality of Life in Patients With Pulmonary Hypertension”. Accessed March 27, 2020. Link.