Kettlebells are among the most versatile exercise tools. They are excellent for strength athletes, as well as people who train to build endurance, lose weight, or improve speed or coordination.
Our top pick for the best kettlebell set for home gym is the AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight. With its integrated loop handle and round ball-like profile, the AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight works as a counterbalance and weight resistance for various lower- and upper-body workouts.
Table of Contents
- Best Kettlebell Sets – Comparison Table
- How do Kettlebell Weights Help?
- How Many Kettlebells do I Need?
- Best Kettlebell Weights Exercises
- What to Look for?
- Best Kettlebell Set for Home Gym
- Key References
Regardless of your training protocol, kettlebell movements are probably a useful addition. With several kettlebells on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs.
Best Kettlebell Sets – Comparison Table
How do Kettlebell Weights Help?
The kettlebell is a remarkably effective training tool with a large teardrop handle design that is suitable for jerks, pressure, and swings.
- A kettlebell can only provide an incredibly powerful entire body and intense workout, particularly if you use it the other way around.
- A study found that a 12-minute kettlebell cycle of press, clean, sumo squats and swings can burn more calories than a full 12-minute cardio routine.
- It can also activate your core, back, triceps, and shoulders in a single deadly move.
How Many Kettlebells do I Need?
Generally, you can follow these guidelines when shopping for the best kettlebells for home use.
- Kettlebell weight for those men without bodybuilding experience is 35 lbs/16 kg.
- Kettlebell weight for those men with bodybuilding experience is 44 lbs/20 kg.
- Kettlebell weight for those women without bodybuilding experience is 18 lbs/8 kg.
- Kettlebell weight for those women with bodybuilding experience is 26 lbs/12 kg.
Do you need one or two kettlebells of equal size to get started? It’s good to start with one. Most kettlebell exercises are typically done with just one kettlebell. With two kettlebells of the same size, you do 2-handed snatches or cleans or carry more weight on squats.
Best Kettlebell Weights Exercises
These best kettlebells workout are excellent for both beginners and advanced athletes.
- Kettlebell Swing
- Kettlebell Thrusters
- Kettlebell Clean and Press.
- Curl to Press and Squat.
- Farmer’s Carry
- Goblet Squat
What to Look for?
Classic vs. Competition
Classic style kettlebells are made of cast iron and are generally used in commercial gyms or for personal use in home gyms. The bell size and the handle size increase with increasing weight. In contrast, best competition kettlebells are generally made of steel and colored according to the size. The size and dimensions of the handles stay the same regardless of their weight, and their cost is generally higher. For personal home use, you will probably want classic style kettlebells. Also, the weight you choose depends on your comfort and you need not sacrifice proper form.
When shopping for the best kettlebell set for home gym, you should first consider the kettlebells coating. The handles should not have rough edges or seams, as this may affect exercise performance. Powder coatings have a smooth finish that has a matte texture and allows you to maintain a firm bond without chalk. An e-coating has a polished surface and a little more shine. It’s your decision. Choose the one that allows you to comfortably get through your kettlebell training without hurting your hands or getting in your way.
Then you need to decide if you want a complete set, a pair, or a bell. This also depends on your preferences, but it’s important to note that heavier weights are good for force movements like snatches and swings, compared to lighter weights that are perfect for things like Turkish presses and presses.
Finally, durability should be taken into account when choosing the best kettlebell set for home gym. You don’t want a unit that will crumble easily or cause injury in the worst-case scenario. Kettlebells made with solid casting, rubberized coating, or gravity cast molding are excellent options.
Best Kettlebell Set for Home Gym
Here are the best kettlebell set for home gym on the market today:
1. Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Exercise Kettlebell
Don’t let your tight work schedules affect your workout routine when you can buy the Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Exercise Kettlebell.
- These best kettlebells for beginners come complete with everything you need for building muscles and weight lifting.
- Thanks to the cast-iron material, the construction of this kettlebell is sturdy.
- The powder coating enhances the durability of this unit, so you can rest assured you have a reliable fitness tool to use for a long time.
- Also, the handle and plates feature durable metal construction for extended usage.
- The handle grip is also wide, making it comfortable to use.
- This best adjustable kettlebell is also excellent for those with small hands, as they can comfortably hold it with two hands.
- The locking mechanism is convenient and efficient, so you won’t struggle when transitioning.
- With the Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Exercise Kettlebell, you can make weight adjustments from 20 lbs to 50 lbs.
- Higher weight range
- Durable construction
- Versatile fitness tool
- Allows for many weight adjustments.
2. Kettle Gryp Kettlebell Adjustable Portable Weight
If you are looking for a kettlebell that combines affordability, lightweight design, and durability, the Kettle Gryp Kettlebell is the perfect option for you.
- This best kettlebell brand features a plastic construction that will ensure you get a better grip.
- Besides, this unit is very adaptable and it will easily fit most dumbbells, so you won’t miss your workout routine.
- The foam padding on the bottom section will ensure a comfortable and firm grip.
- The unit will do a superb job of preventing your hands from knurling or rotating.
- The Kettle Gryp Kettlebell Adjustable Portable Weight will make a significant addition to your home gym as it will allow you to perform various exercises from anywhere.
- The manufacturer recommends using 55 lbs dumbbells for the best results.
- Lightweight design
- Easily transportable
- Solid construction and feel.
- Convenient to use
- The lower center of gravity of this unit makes it feel relatively heavier.
3. AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight
With its integrated loop handle and round ball-like profile, the AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight works as a counterbalance and weight resistance for various lower- and upper-body workouts.
- The durable kettlebell features a high-quality cast-iron build.
- Its durable design guarantees reliable performance from one workout to another.
- Also, its painted exterior ensures increased strength and durability.
- The painted surface also ensures effective protection against corrosion and enhances a better grip.
- The kettlebell has a textured and wide handle for easy gripping.
- The AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight is available in a variety of weights ranging from 10 to 70 lbs.
- Made of high-quality materials.
- Textured wide handle for a comfortable grip.
- Painted surface for corrosion protection and increased durability.
- Supports a wide variety of resistance training workouts.
- The bottoms aren’t flat so they may easily wobble.
4. Bionic Body Soft Kettlebell
Made of soft material to prevent injuries and damages caused by dropping, the Bionic Body Soft Kettlebell offers an effective and safe home gym bodybuilding workout.
- It features a large, durable handle for maximum comfort. The handle also keeps the weight in place as you workout.
- The center of gravity of the kettlebell offset ensures a versatile and unique workout experience with superior control ad optimal grip.
- Its compact design means you can conveniently perform your workouts.
- The Bionic Body Soft Kettlebell is available in a wide range of weights from 10 to 30 lbs, making it ideal for any cross-training program.
- So, you can customize your weight workouts easily to suit your needs.
- Various sizes for customized workouts.
- Soft on floors
- Large handle for superior grip.
- Can be easily punctured.
5. Yes4All Vinyl Coated Kettlebells
For a long-lasting and durable kettlebell, you can use for many years, go for the Yes4All Vinyl Coated Kettlebells.
- The unit is available in several weight options, ranging from 5 lbs to 50 lbs.
- It is crafted from cast iron with no seams, weak spots, or welds.
- The vinyl-coated cover helps to prevent scratches and reduce noises.
- The coated cover also offers heavy-duty protection for each unit.
- The handle is textured to offer a good grip for rows, swings, squats, and other workouts you want to perform.
- The flat bottoms of the Yes4All Vinyl Coated Kettlebells make it easy to store and expand your workouts that a regular kettlebell doesn’t offer.
- Its wide range of weights makes it perfect for anyone who wants to improve fitness.
- High-quality build
- Durable vinyl-coated finish
- Wide and smooth handle.
- Flat base for stability.
- No color coding
6. FGG 20Lb/40Lbs Kettlebell Weights Sets
The FGG 20Lb/40Lbs Kettlebell Weights Set is a superb addition to your home gym.
- You can use them for back and leg workouts or core and arm exercises.
- It comes with silver plates you can add or remove until the weight is challenging enough or light enough.
- Thanks to the heavy-duty plastic clamp, the plates are held in place to ensure they won’t slide or slip during your workout.
- The unit has a wide handle and is crafted from cast iron with a black coating for optimal durability.
- Not only is the handle durable, but it is ergonomically designed, strong, and non-slip.
- Also, it has a rubber base to protect the floor and your body.
- The stability and safety of the locking structure make the adjustment of this kettlebell more convenient and safer.
- Durable steel frame
- Extra-wide handle
- Rubber base for convenient storage.
- Adjustable weight up to 40 lbs.
- A bit pricey
Our top pick for the best kettlebell set for home gym is the AmazonBasics Cast Iron Kettlebell Weight. It features an integrated loop handle and round ball-like profile which works as a counterbalance and weight resistance for various lower- and upper-body workouts.
With a simple and versatile design, the best kettlebell set for home gym offer well-rounded exercises. The kettlebells in our guide are not only durable but proven to deliver superb results.
- “The Workout That Burns More Calories Than Sprinting | Men’s Health”. Accessed July 22, 2020. Link.
- “Dr. Laura Miranda”. Accessed July 22, 2020. Link.