Resistance band exercises are an incredible way to give your muscles a new stimulus to promote bodybuilding. In fact, studies have shown that muscles respond well to strength training with a resistance band, just like other equipment such as free weights.
Our top pick for the best resistance bands for bodybuilding is the Whatafit 11pcs Resistance Bands Set. The bands are made of high-quality and double-layer latex materials. Plus, the bands are color-coded to meet different resistance requirements. It works well for toning the shoulders, arms, chest, legs, glutes, and more.
In this guide, we will review 6 best resistance bands for bodybuilding exercises and show you how each unit can increase your muscle size through its key supportive role.
Table of Contents
- Best Resistance Bands For Bodybuilding – Comparison Table
- What are Resistance Bands?
- How do they Help in Bodybuilding?
- What to Look for?
- Best Resistance Bands for Bodybuilding
- Key References
Best Resistance Bands For Bodybuilding – Comparison Table
What are Resistance Bands?
Resistance bands, as you may have guessed, are rubber bands, of different lengths, strengths, and durability, that help you stay fit, healthy, mobile, and flexible everywhere. Also, resistance bands can be used for mobility or stretching exercises. They can be used alone or as part of another exercise to decrease or increase resistance.
How do they Help in Bodybuilding?
Many people pay full attention to the big muscles when trying to build big muscles without realizing that the small muscles need to be strong for the big ones to grow.
But, bodybuilding with resistance bands only?
- Stabilizer muscles play an essential role in lifting restrictions on larger muscles by providing safety and stability in the exercises we rely on to build mass and strength.
- For example, if you bench press, you will find that you need enough shoulder blade stability to safely repeat this chest mass builder. If your scapula or shoulder cannot stabilize during the press, not only will it decrease the force that your upper body can generate, but you might also get injured.
- Resistance band workouts and band exercises are an excellent way to ensure that the small muscles are strong enough to offer critical stability for the larger muscles to function. The best resistance bands for bodybuilding really allow us to correctly target the obliques and develop the strength necessary to develop a ripped core.
What to Look for?
A) Resistance and Tension Levels
If you are new to resistance bands, you should buy a set that contains different resistance levels.
- Even if you are a gym rat that has accumulated many hours of strength training, the heaviest and thickest bands may not be right for you.
- So, it is important to take your goals and fitness level into account when shopping.
- If you want to recover from an injury and build strength in a specific area, first choose the lightest resistance band you can find, unless your physiotherapist or doctor advises you otherwise.
B) Fitness Goals
Also, consider your fitness goals and the parts of your body that you want to tighten or strengthen. Some resistance bands are specially designed for the lower body, while others can be used for total-body training.
Additionally, see the manufacturer’s warranty or guarantee. Some brands would fray or break very quickly.
Most bands are made of rubber or latex. If you are sensitive or allergic to these materials, check that the band you bought does not contain them.
Best Resistance Bands for Bodybuilding
Here are the top 6 best resistance bands for bodybuilding on the market place today:
1. 4EverShape Pull Up Resistance Bands
- These best resistance bands for building muscle are incredibly durable, so they can withstand repeated stretching.
- Each exercise band is carefully constructed and continuously layered to offer maximum resistance.
- 4EverShape Resistance Bands provide several tension options to suit different preferences.
- You can combine these stretch bands or use them individually to receive extra tension levels.
- These fitness bands set with door anchor and handles are perfect for bodybuilding and a wide range of resistance training.
- It is excellent for toning the chest, biceps, triceps, abs, glutes, quads, shoulders, legs, knees, and buttocks.
- The 4EverShape Pull Up Resistance Bands comes with a lightweight storage bag that takes little space.
- With this band, you can do resistance workouts wherever you are.
2. Whatafit 11pcs Resistance Bands Set
The Whatafit Resistance Bands Set is made of natural latex, so it has the perfect wear resistance and elasticity.
- It is a portable and multifunctional band you can apply in different bodybuilding exercises.
- These best resistance bands for squats are ideal for toning your legs, arms, shoulders, chest, and glutes.
- It comes with a convenient carrying pouch.
- Thus you can easily take it to the gym, office, or even on vacation.
- The steel metal buckle of this band ensures stronger strength.
- Also, it has a non-slip handle that is comfortable and absorbent.
- The Whatafit Resistance Bands Set can be stacked together to achieve about 150 lbs of resistance.
- The bands are color-coded according to their level of resistance from 10 to 50 pounds.
3. Mpow Resistance Bands Set
The Mpow Resistance Bands are made from 100 percent natural latex, which is odorless and durable.
- The band material will not deform, snap, or dry out.
- All the 5 resistance bands in the set can be used alone or stacked together to a maximum equivalent of up to 150 pounds.
- The sturdy hook and metal carabiner will ensure perfect elasticity and strong wear resistance, so you need not worry about a sudden snap.
- Each resistance band is carefully crafted to resist breaking and snapping.
- You can use this band with a door attachment and ankle straps to workout.
- So whether you are a professional or a beginner, you can find a suitable intensity of your resistance bands workout.
4. Sunsign Stackable Resistance Band
The Sunsign Stackable Resistance Band is a compact, bodybuilding solution.
- This heavy-duty fitness band is made of double-dipped natural latex for durable performance.
- They can be aimed at many muscles through the entire body with the band set.
- The padded ankle straps can be used to tone your glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
- The handles can be used to build strength in your chest, biceps, abs, and shoulders.
- The door anchor allows users to attach bands to virtually any door, so it can be used as an anchor point.
- It features a protective covering that makes them safer than many traditional resistance bands.
- The adjustable resistance allows you to easily control the intensity of your exercise.
- Not only does it strengthen the chest, shoulders, and abdominal muscles, but it also applies to all physical therapy types.
- The Sunsign Stackable Resistance Band is ideal for your home as well as squeezing in workouts while on the go.
5. Whatafit 16pcs Resistance Band Set
It doesn’t matter if you want to tone your abs, calves, glutes, quads, or hamstrings, the Whatafit 16pcs Resistance Band Set can handle it all.
- These resistance loop bands come with different color adjustable exercise bands, so you can use them alone or in combination to meet your requirements.
- The band is made of eco-friendly natural latex, which is very durable.
- The non-slip handle is not only absorbent but very convenient.
- Each tube band is constructed carefully to resist breaking and snapping.
- The Whatafit 16pcs Resistance Band Set includes 5 loop bands, 5 exercise bands, 2 cushioned handles, 1 door anchor, and a carrying case to allow you to perform a wide range of resistance workouts.
6. Gymbee Booty Resistance Bands
Featuring 3 levels of resistance, Gymbee Booty Resistance Bands will help you tone up and build strength.
- Made from high-quality elastic material, these exercise bands for women will give enough resistance to activate your glutes.
- It will help you build the perfect hourglass figure while also offering optimum comfort throughout workouts.
- These best resistance bands for glutes are wide enough to prevent sliding and rolling.
- The wide width provides extra stability and support.
- Wider than your regular booty builder bands, this band can be used for a wide variety of exercises such as glute bridges, leg adduction, leg press, squats, weight lifting, hip thrusts, side squats, air squats, outer & inner thigh contractions, and many more.
- With premium and robust stitching, this booty band will last longer.
- The Gymbee Booty Resistance Bands are excellent for all resistance levels from athlete to beginner.
Our top recommendation for the best resistance bands for bodybuilding is the Whatafit 11pcs Resistance Bands Set. These bands feature high-quality and double-layer latex materials. Color-coded measurements to meet different resistance requirements. They work well for toning the shoulders, arms, chest, legs, glutes, and more.
Our runner pick is the Gymbee Booty Resistance Band. Although specifically made for women, this band is easy to use and portable. It is made from natural latex, which stands out for its absorbency and longevity.
The resistance bands on our list of the best resistance bands for bodybuilding will help you constantly find new ways to build muscles.
Whether you just have resistance bands at home or just looking for new exercises to add to your arsenal, these resistance bands will help you achieve your bodybuilding goal.
- “Thieme E-Journals – International Journal of Sports Medicine / Abstract”. Accessed May 21, 2020. Link.
- “Stabilizer Muscles: What You Need To Know To Boost Your Performance – SET FOR SET”. Accessed May 21, 2020. Link.