It is always a good idea to have some essential home fitness equipment in your home. One of the best options is a low-impact device that offers excellent cardiovascular exercises like an elliptical trainer.
Our top pick for the best cheap elliptical for home use is the Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike. With a walk-through design, counterbalanced pedals, and 8 resistance settings, this unit makes it easy to get a workout that is right for you.
Amazingly, there are a lot of elliptical trainers that are not only convenient but also affordable. Here is our guide on the best cheap elliptical for home use.
Table of Contents
- Best Cheap Elliptical For Home Use – Comparison Table
- Do Ellipticals Help Lose Belly Fat?
- What to Look for?
- Best Cheap Elliptical for Home Use
- Key References
Best Cheap Elliptical For Home Use – Comparison Table
Do Ellipticals Help Lose Belly Fat?
Indeed, elliptical trainers enable athletes to burn lots of calories and burn body fat. They affect the lower and upper body and several muscle groups at the same time.
Also, they offer a challenge while gently treating the body with less impact than other cardiovascular machines. However, not all elliptical machines are equally beneficial for burning fat throughout the body.
Here are 5 tips to help you get the most out of your elliptical exercises.
- Try vigorous interval training.
- Vary your aerobic workout.
- Use the handles to engage your entire body.
- Increase the resistance and incline.
- Add extra strength training workouts.
What to Look for?
Look for models that offer multiple resistance levels to challenge beginners, whether they are just starting out or in peak physical condition.
- While a heavier flywheel makes an elliptical trainer more expensive, it has a tremendous impact on the machine’s performance.
- Look for a flywheel weighing at least 20 lbs if you are a heavier person or want your elliptical trainer to take you beyond the beginner level.
- Otherwise, the elliptical motion may not be as smooth.
B) Stride Length
The best elliptical for home use has stride settings for each intended user.
- In some families, there is a one size fits all. Still, in others, it is advisable to choose an elliptical trainer with an adjustable step.
- Elliptical trainers with incredibly generous stride length are also known as hybrid trainers because they function as low-impact step machines or treadmills and elliptical trainers.
C) Maximum User Weight
The maximum user weight indicates the durability of an elliptical machine. The best cheap elliptical machines for home use have a weight capacity of at least 300 lbs.
D) Plastic vs. Metal
Durable ellipticals, unlike plastic ones, have more metal and resin parts.
- Quality materials reduce the chance of breakdown, and heavier components make this fitness equipment more stable during exercise.
E) Rear Drive Design
Generally, rear-wheel-drive ellipticals require less maintenance.
- An advantage of the front and mid-drive ellipticals is that they are more compact.
- Front-wheel drive ellipticals cost less (assuming flywheel weight, stride length, and other factors are equal).
F) Adjustable Incline
Some elliptical trainers have an adjustable incline to take your training to the next level.
- By adjusting the incline, you can simulate rock climbing from different angles to build muscle and burn calories.
- Some of the more popular elliptical trainers combine interactive video with incline training so you can really feel the rise and fall of the terrain as you explore, or the increasing challenge of a workout routine you’re completing.
G) Customized Programs
The variety and quality of training programs significantly impact the total cost of an elliptical machine.
- The cheapest elliptical trainers can have many programs but little variety.
- The best elliptical for home use support multiple user profiles, have a wide variety of programs, and can also provide customized training programs.
Best Cheap Elliptical for Home Use
Here is the best cheap elliptical for home use on the market place today:
1. ATIVAFIT Under Desk Elliptical Bike
The ATIVAFIT Under Desk Elliptical Bike is designed with multiple levels of resistance so you can control and adjust your workout intensity according to your needs.
- The machine is equipped with a stable and broad base to ensure the unit doesn’t shake while training.
- It comes with a built-in LCD monitor that allows you to see your training data while working out.
- This elliptical trainer features 2 large and sturdy slip-resistant foot pedals, preventing the damage caused by friction.
- The foot pedal also secures the feet to ensure high comfort, allowing you to pedal as fast and hard as you want.
- The lightweight and compact design of this unit make it easy to use and move around.
- Its space-efficient design offers efficient and comfortable training sessions.
- The ATIVAFIT Under Desk Elliptical Bike works quietly, so you can work out without disturbing others in your house.
2. Afully E208-2 Elliptical Trainer
Maximize your muscle engagement and burn more calories by adding the Afully E208-2 Elliptical Trainer to your training.
- This unit offers 8 levels of magnetic resistance, promoting a quiet and smooth workout.
- The resistance levels also allow you to customize your ride to a mode that best suits you.
- It is equipped with a practical LCD monitor that displays your calories burned, distance, speed, and odometer.
- These readings and calculations help keep track of your progress.
- The non-slip pedals help to increase comfort and stability, ensuring safe pedaling.
- It has dual non-slip workout arms that offer an upper body workout to tone the entire body.
- The slip-resistant material on the arms ensures safety while exercising, even if your hands are sweaty.
- With 2 transportation wheels, the Afully E208-2 Elliptical Trainer is easy to move around the home.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical Machine
Save space and time while improving your cardiovascular fitness with the SF-E905 Magnetic Elliptical Machine.
- This elliptical trainer takes up minimal space, so it can fit almost anywhere in your home.
- The steel frame design is sturdy and robust and can support up to 220 pounds.
- The magnetic belt drive mechanism requires minimal maintenance.
- This elliptical exerciser is designed to last and keep you moving.
- The large textured and grooved pedals keep your feet safe and slip-resistant.
- To determine the desired training intensity, turn the tension knob to quickly decrease or increase the resistance level.
- The fixed grips with integrated heart rate sensors offer more stability when reading your heart rate.
- See your training progress with the digital monitor.
- It is equipped with integrated wheels for easy transport and comfort.
- With the SF-E905 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer, you can stay focused so you can achieve your fitness goals.
4. Progear 225 Folding Upright Exercise Bike
If space-saving is a priority for you, then the Progear 225 Folding Upright Exercise Bike will fit your workout needs.
- The Progear 225 is made from a high-strength steel frame that makes it very durable.
- This best cheap elliptical home use has a smart resistance knob with an 8-level resistance system connected to the console to keep track of tension levels.
- The large 29 lbs cast iron flywheel front-wheel-drive belt system and 3-piece heavy-duty crank system ensure a smooth, long-lasting driving experience and reduce future maintenance issues.
- The non-slip multi-grip handlebar made of dipped foam offers several workout grips.
- The easy-to-read LCD screen displays training information in real-time, including time, distance, speed, RPM, calorie burned, heart rate, and odometer.
- The adjustable leg stabilizers prevent it from tipping or rocking.
- The Progear 225 Folding Upright Exercise Bike is great for limited spaces, as you can quickly move it around thanks to the transport wheels.
5. Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike is an affordable elliptical machine with a simple design that gets the job done.
- The seat on this best elliptical machine for home can be adjusted so your legs can get the right stride as you pedal.
- Additionally, the seatback pad and recumbent handlebars offer comfort during your long workouts.
- The LCD monitor displays calories burned, odometer, distance, and speed, so you can track your progress easily.
- A convenient resistance knob under the handlebars makes changing the resistance levels during your workouts easy.
- The large textured pedals ensure it safely grips your feet as you work out.
- With a walk-through design, counterbalanced pedals, and 8 resistance settings, this unit makes it easy to get a workout that is right for you.
- The Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Our top recommendation for the best cheap elliptical for home use is the Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike. It features a walk-through design, counterbalanced pedals, and 8 resistance settings. With its easy setup, this elliptical makes it perfect fitness equipment for your home!
The elliptical machine is a low-impact, full-body alternative to jogging or walking with similar results. Regardless of your fitness goals, you can’t go wrong with one of these cheap ellipticals for home use.
With a little dedication, you will get significant results with any of the options on this list.
- “Living healthier through low-impact exercise | The Nation’s Health”. Accessed October 04, 2020. Link.
- “How to Reduce Belly Fat Using an Elliptical | Livestrong.com”. Accessed October 04, 2020. Link.